This programme of works by Australian and American composers will explore themes of beauty, longing, place and remembrance. Canticum will present Capricornia (written for them by Brisbane-based Gerard Brophy), and the Queensland premiere of Phillip Gearing's choral cycle Pro Patria Mori in memory of the 100th anniversary of the Gallipoli landing. Great American composer Samuel Barber’s much-loved Agnus Dei and Sure on this Shining Night will also feature, as well as works by countrymen Randall Thompson and Morten Lauridsen.
- Gerard Brophy: Capricornia
- Phillip Gearing: Pro Patria Mori (Queensland premiere)
- Samuel Barber: Agnus Dei and Sure on this Shining Night
- Randall Thompson: Choose something like a star
- Morten Lauridsen: Sure on this Shining Night