Friday 3 April 5:30 pm
Sacred Heart Catholic Church, Rosalie
Corner Fernberg Rd & Given Tce, Paddington
Tickets: Adult $30 / Concession $22 / Under 16s free
Contact us directly for season ticket pricing.
For centuries, Good Friday has been marked by some of the most expressive choral music ever written. Canticum will perform music spanning five centuries, including powerful works by Francis Poulenc (the Four Motets for a Time of Penitence), as well as works by great Scandinavian composers Knut Nystedt, Ola Gjeilo and Ludvig Norman, the UK’s Jonathan Harvey, and Spanish Renaissance master Tomás Luis de Victoria.
- Francis Poulenc: Four Motets for a Time of Penitence
- Knut Nystedt: O crux
- Ola Gjeilo: Ubi caritas
- Ludvig Norman: Jordens oro vikker
- Jonathan Harvey: Remember, O Lord
- Tomás Luis de Victoria: Vere Languores, Tenebrae factae sunt
Friday 17 April 8:00 pm
Part of Brisbane Baroque Festival
Brisbane City Hall
Canticum is honoured to perform in the inaugural Brisbane Baroque Festival (10–18 April). Further details are available at www.brisbanebaroque.com.au.
- Bach: Cantata No. 78 (Jesu, der du meine Seele)